I just started working at an office which I am really exited about. The only thing that concerned me when started working was eating healthy. I can be that very lazy person who will spend her (lunch)breaks in the canteen/cafetaria. I am a 100% motivated to avoid that! Today I will share with you my quick bites which don’t even require a knife or a vork. These quick bites will keep you full and be able to live a healty lifestyle at work.
1. A good breakfast is key, if you start the day with something filling like oats and grains it will help you to feel awake, energized and full. Ready to start the day! I usually start the day with a bowl of oats with some low fat yoghurt. Another tip is to take time for your breakfast if you have trouble with eating in the morning because it is better to have breakfast than not to.
2. Fruits & Veggies. Take a tupperware box with you or something you can keep your fruit and vegetables in. Take fruit and vegetables with you that you love to eat, then you are more likely to actually eat them during the day. I brought some cherry tomatoes and some grapes.
3. Lets go nuts. Nuts are full of vitamins and will give you energy. You only need a handful to keep yourself healthy and fit. My choice of nuts are walnuts and cashews nuts.
4. Go back in the day and make yourself happy with some raisins. As a kid I used to get raisins as a snack from my grandmother because it is a healthy snack. So why not use raisins as a snack when you are older? Raisins are full of vitamins, fibers and minerals.
5. When it is 4 o’clock I need a pick me up. Fruit, nuts and vegetables will not do at this point. That is where I need my bouillon, or cup of soup. The saltness wakes me up!
Have a nice day everybody. With love Irina ♡